Typical solvents used for acetic acid recovery via liquid-liquid extraction are ethyl acetate, isopropyl acetate, and MTBE.
Key aspects of Koch Modular’s experience with acetic acid are:
- Developed Liquid-Liquid and Vapor-Liquid equilibrium data when necessary information was unavailable in the literature
- Tested more than 15 different acetic acid aqueous streams in our pilot plant columns
- Designed and supplied more than 10 commercial LLE columns and numerous systems for acetic acid extraction and recovery
- Supplied high efficiency LLE columns which allow minimization of solvent usage and thus the most economical solutions
- Recovered Acetic acid at greater than 99.5% purity
- For fermentation broths where emulsification can be an issue, our KARR® Column is the best industrial solution – see attached photo of KARR® Column used in a demonstration plant for recovery of acetic acid from a fermentation broth.